Winters are almost here, and along with it a slew of ailments and health issues. The intermediate period when it is neither too cold nor too hot is particularly tricky. Children and the elderly are even more prone to health hazards in this season. As they say, prevention is better than cure, so here are some ways to prevent falling ill this season:
- Layer it up, especially during early morning and late night hours. Keep your head, ears, chest and feet well covered when outside.
- Avoid having chilled liquids. This is particularly applicable to those people who are prone to symptoms of bronchitis and lung infection.
- Dry air is almost as bad as low temperatures, so take extra care of your eyes, lips and skin.
- Certain food items are beneficial during winters, such as honey, nuts, ginger, garlic, carrots and lean proteins.
- Stay active during winters as opposed to being a couch potato, even though that maybe tempting. It keeps your body warm, while keeping you generally fit.
Author: Shilpi Ganguly
Shilpi is a content writer and blogger, writing on various topics like travel, food, health, relationships etc.