Once you have crossed the age of 30, it is a very good idea to get some medical tests done regularly. It is better to be safe than sorry later. While tests like checking for blood pressure, blood sugar levels and thyroid are commonly recommended, here are some other equally important ones that you should not neglect.
- Regular visit to the dentist every six months is a good practice.
- Check your cholesterol regularly to know if you have the tendency to develop high cholesterol or not. Keep a check on your diet accordingly.
- Lack of Vitamin D and calcium increase the risk of low bone density and osteoporosis in later years, hence it safe to know your status early.
- An eye check-up every two years is very important. Go more frequently if you are having trouble with your vision.
- For women getting a pelvic exam and pap smear every two years is extremely important as it checks for cervical cancer. While you are at it, get a breast examination done too.
Author: Shilpi Ganguly
Shilpi is a content writer and blogger, writing on various topics like travel, food, health, relationships etc.