Ever hear the saying ‘Breakfast like a king’? While nutrition and dietetics has made huge progress over the last decade and has emphasized on flexible diet, breakfast still remains the most important meal.
If you ever need to eat like a king, breakfast is the meal to do it, as what you eat in the morning will be your fuel for the day. That being said, here are 5 really healthy tips for each working day:
1. Oats: Oats are a rich source of carbohydrates and proteins and will keep you from binge eating for a long time. Oats with milk or oatmeal cookies are easy to make and gives you all the energy you need.
2. Toast and eggs: This is the most versatile menu in your kitchen. Whether you go for French toasts, Omlette, scramble or poach…this combination has everything your body needs.
3. Cereals: Milk and cereals is the staple food in many countries and with good reason. Together they cover majority of the essential nutrients.
4. Shakes and smoothies: Nutritious, filling and it cools your system.
5. Fruits and nuts: These are the best source of anti oxidants and certainly the most versatile. You can bite into it, add them to your oats or cereals, or even make a shake out of it.
Besides these tips, there are an endless number of recipes to choose from. Key is to mix and match so your body gets ample carbohydrates and proteins.