Fortified plant-based foods have been recognized to promote well-being by offering immense health benefits. They are the finest sources of protein, fiber, iron and other essential nutrients. Besides, they form a significant part of a balanced vegan diet.
Consider the healthiest foods that lead your grocery purchases every month. To your checklist of pulses, grains, nuts, etc, let us add on a superfood. Flaxseed or Linseed. These small, brown-colored seeds are a great source of dietary fiber and plant-based protein.
How Flaxseeds protect our health?
A bowl of 100 gm flaxseeds contains important nutrients like protein, fiber, carbohydrates, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. This rich constitution offers considerable health benefits.
- Builds up immunity: Proteins strengthen the immune system thereby cutting down the risk of illness.
- Compliments normal functioning & Development: A balanced and lower ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 helps in preventing many chronic diseases, and promoting heart health.
- Develops potency: The fiber content regulates blood sugar and cholesterol, promoting healthy digestion.
- Sets your body in perfect shape & size: Flaxseeds help in losing weight by controlling hunger and unwanted cravings.
- Presence of essential vitamins and minerals boost up general health.
How to use Flaxseeds in our diet?
Nutrient-rich flaxseeds have become an important ingredient in many regular food products of contemporary times that can be found resting on the shelves of supermarkets and stores. They are included as a vital ingredient in breads, oatmeal, biscuits, yogurt etc. Apart from this, they can be used in many other ways:
- Empower those healthy smoothies: Blend in some flaxseed with your delicious fruit and vegetable smoothies. Enjoy the nutty taste with loads of health.
- Enjoy flaxseed in soups and vegetables as a topping.
- Grind it with your regular flour and make chapattis.
- Garnish green salads with flaxseed powder or oil.
- Sprinkle on curds, yogurts, or bake them in cakes.
Recommended Quantity and form
Flaxseeds help strengthen our overall health. They can be taken in raw form or roasted on a low flame to preserve the essential nutrients. In order to derive the intended benefits, daily use 2 to 4 tbsp of ground whole flaxseeds (raw or roasted) in your regular foods.