Think of lovely mornings with delicious breakfast, followed by nourishing lunch-time meals, ideal suppers or the brief nibbling moments of the day. All are imperfect if you have not brewed the right beverage in combo. In fact, from sunrise till the close of day, beverages form a significant part of our daily diet. They can be enjoyed solo as wholesome foods or in fusion with our favorite cuisines.
Healthy beverages are the elixir of life
The happiness that fills your cup during celebrations, meetings or just to quench the thirst is actually an essential relic of history. The classic sips that we enjoy are nutrient-fortified drinks which offer immense health benefits. They help to:
- Maintain hydration levels and energy balance
- Improve immunity
- Supply adequate nutrients
- Keep the body warm or cool
Winter Drinks that lockout cold waves
As the temperature drops, beverages take up a larger space in our regular diet patterns. Let us help you maintain a healthy lifestyle this winter by keeping warm with some finest refreshments. Sip up and get absorbed in the feeling of delight. Enjoy them in the comfy of your home or workplace.
- Kashmiri Kahwa to drive out the chills
Other than just a wake-up call for the day, Kashmiri kahwa offers several health benefits along with an exotic taste and aroma. An amalgam of green tea leaves, spices, nuts, and saffron, Kashmiri Kahwa is a natural energy booster, immune supporter, and stress buster.
- 5 cup water
- 2-3 crushed cardamoms
- Cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp honey
- Saffron strands
- Kashmiri green tea – 1 tsp
- 2-3 cloves
- 1-2 blanched & sliced almonds
- Add cardamom, cinnamon & cloves in water. Bring it to boil.
- Add green tea leaves. Infuse for 3-4 minutes.
- Strain tea in a cup. Add blanched almonds and saffron strands.
- Mix honey as per taste and enjoy warm.
- Cuddle up happiness in a Hot Chocolate cuppa!
Hot chocolate during winters is an exquisite and gratifying drink. It contains Vitamin A, D, flavonoids, calcium and is good for brain and heart. Besides, it aids in relieving depression and keeps a cough & cold at bay.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 ounces finely chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder for serving
- Whisk cocoa, sugar, and chocolate in a pan.
- Add milk over it and bring it to medium heat.
- Keep stirring until the mixture gets smooth.
- Once it is ready, add vanilla essence and mix
- Serve with a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
- Immerse yourself in the golden delight of Saffron Milk
Kesar doodh, as we know it, is a nourishing drink full of antioxidants. Consume a glass of saffron milk preferably at night. It helps in insomnia, depression, heart health, allergies, menstrual cramps, and memory retention.
- I cup milk
- ½ tsp cardamom seeds – crushed
- 7-8 strands of saffron
- Sugar as per taste
- Take milk in a pan and put on medium flame.
- Add cardamom seeds.
- Bring it to boil.
- Strain in a glass.
- Add saffron and sugar. Mix well. Serve.
- Animate your spirits with Kanji
Fermented foods can be powerful enough to take our health to the next level. Besides, they offer a burst of flavors. North Indian Kanji is a perfect example. The drink is prepared from dark purple carrots during winters. It is rich in antioxidants & nutrients, aids in digestion and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- 6-7 purple hued carrots
- 2 ltr boiled water
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3 table sp mustard oil
- Salt as per taste
- Glass jars
- Muslin cloth
- Cut carrots into long pieces.
- Mix all ingredients in a ceramic jar.
- Cover the jar with a muslin cloth and keep in sun for 4-5 days.
- Keep stirring every day.
- When it tastes tangy, it is ready.
- Serve it during noon time.
- Boost your energy with Honey-Lemon Tea
Freshen up with the boons of lemon & honey. This beverage is a very powerful natural cleanser. It soothes a sore throat and keeps away the cold and congestion in winters.
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp tea
- 1 tbsp honey
- Boil water on medium flame and add tea powder.
- Add lemon juice and honey. Mix well. Enjoy.